Former VP Pence Says He ‘Welcomed’ Meeting Trump After 4-Year Hiatus

Former Vice President Mike Pence said on Friday that he “welcomed” his interaction with his one-time boss and running mate, Donald Trump when the two men met face to face for the first time in four years at former President Jimmy Carter’s funeral.

The service’s broadcast featured several memorable moments, including former President George W. Bush playfully tapping former President Barack Obama on the stomach and a notable conversation between Obama and Trump within earshot of Vice President Kamala Harris.
The event also spotlighted a handshake and a brief exchange between Trump and Pence, drawing considerable attention.

It was the first time the two met and spoke since January 6, 2021, when thousands of MAGA supporters stormed the Capitol, and Pence ignored Trump’s wishes by certifying Joe Biden’s 2020 presidential victory, the Washington Times reported.

“The opportunity to speak to the president yesterday is something that I appreciated, I welcomed,” Pence told Christianity Today Editor-in-Chief Russell Moore for a podcast episode slated to air Wednesday.

“I’ve really been blessed at how much I’ve heard from people around the country who saw [our] handshake and, in that handshake, saw some hope that we might be moving past those difficult days,” he continued. “That’s certainly my hope.”
After their term together, Pence became a prominent Trump critic—and vice versa—even mounting a failed bid for the White House last year.

But not everyone took the opportunity of the Carter funeral to let bygones be bygones. Pence’s wife, Karen, refused to even acknowledge the president-elect and incoming first lady, Melania Trump, as video showed.

Trump “greeted me when he came down the aisle. I stood up, extended my hand. He shook my hand. I said, ‘Congratulations, Mr. President,’ and he said, ‘Thanks, Mike,’” Pence said. “You’d have to ask my wife about her posture, but we’ve been married 44 years, and she loves her husband, and her husband respects her deeply.”

The snub occurred as the Trumps arrived at the Washington National Cathedral, making their first significant public appearance since the president-elect’s November victory.

VA

Related Posts

I Returned Early With Big News — The Scene at Home Stopped Me Cold.

I received my retirement payout on a gray Tuesday afternoon and left the office two hours early, giddy in a way I hadn’t felt in decades. The envelope sat on…

Read more

Vance Rips Supreme Court’s Tariff Ruling As ‘Lawlessness’

Vice President JD Vance sharply criticized a recent U.S. Supreme Court decision that found President Donald Trump exceeded his authority in imposing sweeping global tariffs, calling the ruling “lawlessness” in…

Read more

I didn’t get sick in 43 years: 5 foods I incorporated into my daily routine.

My name is Margarita. I’m 90 years old. I wake up without an alarm. I make my own breakfast. I walk every day. I read without glasses. I don’t take…

Read more

Trump Announces New Global Tariff After Supreme Court Ruling

President Donald Trump said Friday he is deeply disappointed by the Supreme Court’s decision striking down a major portion of his tariff plan. The president said the ruling would put…

Read more

Years Of Heartbreak- Ended With A Mysterious Baby On My Table-

My husband Wesley and I spent years enduring the grueling heartbreak of infertility and painful medical treatments. Each passing month brought only disappointment and caused a growing emotional distance between…

Read more

HUD Secretary Warns Mamdani is Breaking Promise, Rents Will Go Up

Housing and Urban Development Secretary Scott Turner is warning that New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani’s threatened property tax hike will have immediate consequences for renters and working families. Speaking…

Read more

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *